Report Abuse

Techno Kingpin Gregor Tresher Continues To Break New Soil

Post a Comment
Techno Kingpin Gregor Tresher Continues To Break New Soil

Gregory Thrasher is firmly established as a leader in technology.

With a three-decade career that shows no signs of slowing down, the Frankfurt-based artist has his finger on the pulse in 2022, producing Sven Watt's Catharsis album and his Break New Soil label churning out incredible releases. The latter is a Bart Scales remix of Gregor's song Quiet Distortion, which was the title track of Gregor's 2016 album.

Break New Soil has a number of tasty releases planned for 2023 from DJ Hale and Extrawelt, as well as plenty of music from the man himself.

Gregor now has a new single, Granular (2022 Mix), a collaboration between himself and techno titans Pig & Dan, as part of the new Drumcode A-Sides album. The song will be part of Pig & Dan's full-length album, which will be released soon on Adam Baer Trusol.

As we head into 2023, Gregor will be determined to continue touring South America and Australia in February.

We caught up with Gregor this week and asked him to talk about his 2022 playlist, which includes a remix of Bart Schiel's Quiet Distortion and a new collaboration with Pig & Dan, as well as other great music by Sven Vath, Laurent Garnier, Harvey. McKay and Marcel Dittman, Treatment.

Gregor Treacher - Quiet Distortion (Bart Scales Remix)

The original song was the title track of my 2016 album and my good friend Bart Scales approached me earlier this year and asked if I would be willing to do a remix because he always really liked the song. Of course I was excited to hear what he was going to do, and boy did he do it.

Phrygian - Tarot (Alianza)

It's by a young artist from Colombia and I was absolutely blown away by the raw sound and energy of the song. I immediately contacted him to do something on my label so expect more great music from this amazing young talent

Laurent Garnier - Liebe Grüße Aus Cucuron

I have been a fan of Laurent for thirty years and he is still at the top of his game. This new version is a beast that takes the roof off wherever you play.

Metal Master - Spectrum (Bart Scales & Whiska Remix)

This is a new remix of the legendary song, originally co-written by Sven Veth, and one of the songs that ignited the German trance wave of the early 1990s. Bart and Whisker's remix respects the original beats and elevates the song to a modern sound which is everywhere now.

Harvey McKay - Bon

I have long been a huge fan of Harvey's music and we have become good friends over the years. Jungle embodies a unique style of Glaswegian techno, soulful music.

Gregor Treasure & Pig + Dan - Grainy (2023 Update Mix)

We released this track on Adam Baer's Trusol some time ago and now it has been re-released in an updated form. We've been working on a new mix that caught Adam's attention again, so he decided to release it on his parent Drumcode in December.

Sven Fat - Us

I was very excited when Sven called me to ask if we should do his current album together. It's called "We" and you just have to imagine him playing the song in complete delirium - magic.

Marcel Dittmann - Battery not included

This is a track from Marcel's new album, an absolute masterpiece. I love the reductive instrumentation and super hypnotic melody line, the song has that perfect creepy vibe that always gets me.

Renee Wise - Knock Motion

I love the beat of this song, it's a perfect DJ tool with a great bass and overall sound. I played it in almost every band.

Treatment: Isolation

My favorite song from my favorite album of all time. I love The Cure, I've only been to two shows on their current tour which has been absolutely amazing as always.

Waves - Elephant (Nick Fanciuli Remix)

Related Posts

Post a Comment