Report Abuse

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Vs IPhone 14 Pro: Which Smartphone Should You Get In 2023?

Post a Comment
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Vs IPhone 14 Pro: Which Smartphone Should You Get In 2023?

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and iPhone 14 Pro are the best phones of 2023 , but which one is right for you? I have reviewed both smartphones and am now here to help you decide which one suits your needs.


The best product in this article

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, $1,200 and up

Apple iPhone 14 Pro AT&T (128GB), $949

Apple iPhone 14 Pro AT&T (128GB), $999

Apple iPhone 14 Pro (128GB), $949 at Verizon


I first tried the iPhone 14 Pro back in September when it launched and have been using it as a smartphone ever since. I recently had the opportunity to test the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra . I've collected my highlights of each device so you can see how they stack up

Learn more about the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and iPhone 14 Pro and see how they compare.

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra review

The Samsung Galaxy S23 features a 6.8-inch display with a flexible AMOLED display. It offers an ultra-smooth 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sample rate in game mode. It runs on the mobile platform Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. It has a built-in S Pen and the largest battery of the three models.

The Samsung Galaxy S23 also offers an ultra-professional camera. Samsung even filmed presentations with the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra during the Samsung Unpacked event to show off the high quality of the camera. Smartphone cameras can record at 8K at 30 frames per second. It has a new 200MP adaptive pixel sensor to easily adapt to different lighting conditions.

The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra starts at $1,200 with 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage options. It's available for pre-order today and will be available on February 17th. If you pre-order the device now through February 16, you can get a free memory upgrade and up to $100 in Samsung credit.

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, $1,200 and up


iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Plus review

The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max have received some major improvements over the previous iPhones. Perhaps the biggest improvement is the inclusion of Apple's new A16 Bionic chip. Apple has stuck with the A15 chip for the standard iPhone 14, but buyers who choose the Pro model will get upgraded chips for better performance. The new iPhone Pro offers a brighter screen, an always-on display option, and a personalized lock screen.

The iPhone 14 Pro features Apple's new Dynamic Island, a design change that displays notifications without disrupting activities on the top of the phone. Each alarm will have a different alarm pattern so you can easily identify them. Dynamic Island helps you monitor background activity such as music, timers or phone calls. Dynamic Island replaces the first notch on previous iPhone Pro models.

The Pro models have significant camera upgrades, including a 48MP main camera. It also has a new 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera. The new camera system offers improved focus, range and color. Apple has improved its flash system.

Apple iPhone 14 Pro AT&T (128GB), $949

Apple iPhone 14 Pro AT&T (128GB), $999

Apple iPhone 14 Pro (128GB), $949 at Verizon

The iPhone 14 Pro Max has a large 6.7-inch screen.

Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max AT&T (128GB), $1,049

Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max AT&T (128GB), $1,099

Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max (128GB), $1,049 at Verizon


Samsung Galaxy S23 vs Apple iPhone 14 Pro

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and iPhone 14 Pro are the two best smartphones of 2023 . Read on for help deciding which one is right for you.

Comparison of details

Below you can see an exclusive comparison between the Samsung Galaxy S23 and the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.


Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra iPhone 14 Pro iPhone 14 Pro Max
The size of the exhibition 6.8 inches 6.1 inches 6.7 inches
Batteries 5000mAh 3200mAh 4,323 per cent
Processor chip Qualcomm Snapdragon 8
Gen 2 for Galaxy
Apple A16 bionic chip Apple A16 bionic chip
Main camera 200 MP 48 mp 48 mp
Front camera 12 MP 12 MP 12 MP
Ultra wide angle camera 12 MP 12 MP 12 MP
Telephone 10 MP 12 MP 12 MP
Video recording 8 thousand 4 K 4 K
Related 5G 5G 5G
PRICE From 1200 dollars Start with $1000 From 1100 dollars

User interface and experience

The Samsung S23 Ultra's home screen offers a more minimal design than the iPhone, but you can swipe up to see all your apps. I was very impressed with how easy it was to navigate the phone, especially for someone new to Android devices like me. I had no problems setting up the phone, accessing apps or adjusting settings. I love that there's a Google search bar on the home screen so you can quickly search for things without opening the browser app.

The iPhone 14 interface is highly customizable. You can design different accessories that match your beauty. The iPhone 14 Pro also has a new dynamic island feature. Dynamic Island is a small oval on your phone screen that shows what you're listening to, who you're calling, and some other app notifications. You can press the small oval to expand the dynamic island and easily skip songs, mute calls or make other adjustments. Not revolutionary, but a nice addition to the interface.

Camera quality

I have tried both phones and I think both cameras are excellent. Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra performs better when it comes to night photography. It also has 8K video capability, which I'm not sure the average user will necessarily need, but it's great if you're a filmmaker, vlogger, or content creator.

For comparison, I took the same photo of myself, my dog, the sun, and the landscape with both cameras. Overall, the quality of the camera is very similar. I think the Samsung Galaxy S23 did better at night and captured more detail in dark areas. In some cases, the iPhone 14 Pro did a better job of capturing bright colors.

I think the S23 Ultra offered a lower learning curve when it came to camera settings, although the iPhone's operating system and interface felt more familiar to me. The S23's camera menu is super clean and you can snap great photos right away. The iPhone 14 Pro camera also takes good photos, but I had to play with the settings, especially when using portrait mode. With the full HDR setting turned on, the iPhone 14 Pro made some automatic transitions and adjustments to portraits that sometimes didn't match my skin tone. However, other than that, I've always been very happy with the quality of the photos I take on the iPhone 14 Pro.

show

The Samsung Galaxy S23 has a great and bright AMOLED display, perfect for streaming apps or watching movies if that's all you want to do on your phone. The iPhone 14 Pro has a high-quality OLED screen. I love that the iPhone gives you a choice of screen size on the Pro models. Both the 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro and 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max have improved cameras and flagship features. Meanwhile, Samsung's 6.1-inch offering is just a variant of the standard Samsung Galaxy 23 without the upgraded camera specs.

Always-on display is only for iPhone 14 Pro (and Pro Max). Not available on standard iPhone 14 or Samsung Galaxy S23. When I first got the iPhone 14 Pro, I wasn't sure if I liked the always-on display, but I lost it when I used the Samsung Galaxy S23. Fortunately, the Samsung S23 and S23 Ultra offer an always-on display. It's not the default, but I can easily enable it in settings. The S23 Ultra also shows the battery percentage on the always-on display, which I thought was a nice touch.

Fix it

The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro have an e-SIM card instead of a physical SIM card. I've seen a lot of discussion on Twitter about whether switching to electronic SIM cards is a good or bad thing. One thing I will say about the new e-SIM card is that it sets up your new phone. All I had to do was enter my password, verify my number, and put my old phone next to my new phone. All transfer via Bluetooth in less than 30 minutes

Setting up the Samsung Galaxy S23 was also very easy. This was my first time setting up an Android and it was very quick and easy.One thing I like is that there is an option to import your data from iPhone and iPad. I love that people can easily switch from one type of device to another.

Another thing that impressed me during the setup process is that the S23 Ultra offers several options for locking and unlocking your phone. You can choose a PIN, Face ID, Touch ID, or any combination of these options. I love that there is an option for Touch ID since Apple removed that option when they removed the home button on the iPhone, and it's my preferred method of unlocking my phone.

General results

The iPhone 14 Pro has a new A16 Bionic chip for faster performance. I spend a lot of time a day on my phone and I'm happy with my phone's performance. Streaming YouTube videos and live streams from TikTok or Instagram was a very smooth and easy experience. Everything loads quickly and works well, even when using multitasking or in-picture functions. My previous iPhone seemed to slow me down or heat up a bit when I ran a lot, but the iPhone 14 Pro seems to be built for multitasking or more active phone users.

The Samsung S23 Ultra has an updated Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor. It's fast and responsive when you're taking photos, browsing the web, or playing games on your smartphone. Audio and video playback was crystal clear when watching videos or listening to music. The phone is optimized to perform well when gaming at a 120Hz refresh rate, which gives it a slight performance advantage over the iPhone 14 Pro (if you're into mobile gaming). The built-in S-Pen is a nice touch for taking notes or navigating the device.

Which phone should you choose for 2023?

I think the choice between the two phones mostly comes down to personal preference and what you want in a phone.

Ease of use and camera quality are my main concerns when choosing a smartphone. I think both Samsung Galaxy S23 and iPhone 14 Pro are better in this regard. Both have a good user experience when using accessibility features. However, it is better to test both interfaces and decide which one suits your preferences.

An important thing to consider is how your next smartphone will fit into your overall device ecosystem. This is where the iPhone 14 Pro wins for me personally. I'm not a big fan of Windows PCs or laptops, and the iPhone pairs well with MacBooks, iMacs, and other Apple devices. My editor, Fox Van Allen, mentioned that he chose the Google Pixel in part because of its similarity to the existing Google Home setup. Samsung has done a great job expanding its device ecosystem with the Galaxy Watch 5, Samsung Galaxy Tablet and the new Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra. The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra matches well with other Galaxy devices, making it a great phone choice for Samsung users.

Samsung has introduced some new gaming features with the S23 Ultra. If you're a smartphone gamer, this device is probably a better option for you than the iPhone 14 Pro (and the Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra will probably serve your gaming needs better than the MacBook Pro).

However, one feature that Apple didn't use during the iPhone 14 launch that Samsung did is collision detection. If you have new drivers at home (or on your phone plan) and are looking for a phone to buy, the iPhone's safety features may make it the best choice. If I were the parent of a teenager or student, I think this feature would give me more peace of mind.

In the end, in both cases, you get a good smartphone.

Related content from CBS Essentials

Related Posts

Post a Comment